BUSINESS VALUATION SERVICES
"We engaged with Belmont Acquisitions for a wide range of advisory services for our small public company. They assisted us with our first acquisition, raised over $1 million in capital, renegotiated debt, and provided investor relations services and compliance. During our time with them, our stock increased over 4000% with great liquidity for our investors."
"We have been a client of Belmont's almost since Belmont's inception. We found their Funding Proposal process to have been very helpful to crystallizing our business plans and its cost was money well spent. Belmont and its principals became longterm investors in our company and they have introduced us to numerous other funding sources as well."
"When no one else would provide funding for my business, I engaged Belmont to build a professional Funding Proposal. It was money well spent and Belmont provided the money I needed to acquire two self storage locations."
"When we decided to "go public" the only choice for us was to work with Belmont Acquisitions. They explained every step along the way, and took over all of the heavy lifting in regards to being pubic so that we could concentrate on our business. Then they helped us get our finances in order, with technology issues and almost everything else we needed."
"Belmont arranged our company's acquisition of multiple medical clinics by a public company. I have found their process in preparing our Funding Proposal, which is a comprehensive business plan, to be extraordinary. It helped us focus on our success. Belmont's experienced Personnel are dedicated and bring results- whether as a private or public company I would highly recommend them"
"When I wanted to buy an Allstate Agency, other than family, only the principals of Belmont believed in me enough to provide funding and advice."
"Belmont's unique process for mitigating risk through their Funding Proposal process obtained funding for my business when all other attempts failed because we were in dire straights.
"When I decided to raise capital to mine gold in Africa no one wanted to help me until I engaged Belmont. Using their business plan with detailed assumptions and cash flow reconciliations and risk mitigation strategies which they call a Funding Proposal I was able to raise the money I needed for my African Gold mine in less than 3 weeks! I highly recommend the Belmont team"
"I have done business with Belmont's principals for years. They were instrumental in helping us recapitalizing a credit card technology company that had raised over $60 million dollars with products that we then sold to MasterCard and AMEX. I found Belmont to be knowledgeable, hard working and always got results."
"I have done business with Belmont's principals for many years. They have successfully assisted me in renegotiating debt on an acquisition I made, assisted us to take another company public, and supplied and raised capital for a number of companies I've been involved with. I still do business with them today and recommend them whenever I can."
"We receive many loan applications from many sources. There are certain industries that we normally just don't process for funding. However, when we receive a funding package from Belmont, which is always complete and mitigates our risks, we are even able to process loan requests in those restricted industries. They do an excellent job."
"I have worked with Belmont in more than one of my business enterprises over the years. Two things stand out in my dealings with Belmont. One is their innovative business solutions and strategies. The other is their integrity."
"We recently engaged Belmont and are extremely impressed with their vigor, attention to detail and results. In the short time we have been with them they have already raised us almost $500,000 in working capital and have introduced us to powerful business and funding groups that we otherwise would not have available. They are more than just consultants as they treat our business as their own with as much passion as I do."
"Belmont has found numerous sources of money for our growing small public company. They Recently securing us a $5.0 million revolving line of credit not strictly based on receivables which we couldn't ordinarily qualify for. Specialty construction Company."
"Belmont helped arrange a new-hire and training grant for our expanding business and we received in excess of $100,000 that we don't have to pay back, isn't a loan and went right to work improving our business! Belmont's experts have amazing contacts and work diligently to find solutions for us."
"Belmont arranged a $ 6 million collateralized guarantee for a film project we are working on which has allowed us to enter into an agreement to acquire the rights to a nearly completed film. Belmont's people are creative and connected."
"Signed up with their affiliated Search Engine Domination and website development team and the results are amazing. i would highly recommend their business and marketing solutions. These are programs that multinational companies use at prices we can afford."
"Belmont's negotiations team came in and helped us negotiate over
$1 million in debt reductions from creditors through the use of our equity. This has lowered our overhead carrying costs and will make us a stronger more profitable enterprise. Belmont's experience and dedication is amazing! -They get results!"
"Belmont is relentless. As a marketing company it's difficult to get financing. With the discipline we created through their "funding proposal" process which includes a true third party business valuation they sourced us a $3 million dollar line of credit. They work incredibly hard to get the job done. Now with their help we are exploring taking the company public."
"When it became time to sell my business I engaged Belmont Acquisitions. They worked diligently and consistently and found me just the right buyer. Their process of due diligence and preparation allowed them to obtain the acquisition financing that the buyer needed as well. I would strongly recommend their services."
"Our Company is just starting to recover from the economic downturn and our financials are not yet strong especially historically. Belmont went the extra mile in due diligence to prepare us for the appropriate lender who because of Belmont's special relationships and considerable work provided us with the working capital that we need to grow, when no one else would."
"When I needed funds for my marketing firm I turned to Belmont Acquisitions. They are the most responsive financiers I've ever worked with—I paid them a little extra for expedited service and got it. Nights, weekends and everything in between. I received my first $4 million in a little over 3 1/2 weeks and now I'm engaging their operational team to help expand the business. I would highly recommend them."
"When I needed capital I turned to Belmont. I'm glad I did. I paid them $10k for due diligence after they provided me with a term sheet from a licensed hedge fund they work with. It was the best money I ever spent as their team is relentless, and they worked incredibility hard on my behalf. My loan never would have closed without them: I now have a $5 million revolver and have already drawn down $900k.
"When I wanted to grow my fashion design firm, I contacted Belmont Acquisitions. They found an acquisition target for my company, negotiated the transaction, and convinced the Seller to sell on terms favorable to us. Then they arranged 100% of the financing needed to close the transaction. This grew my company more than 15 times! I would highly recommend Belmont's experienced team."
"After doing an acquisition, we had a number of transitional issues. I was able to call on Belmont's experienced staff to provide technology assistance, operational assistance, and marketing assistance. I don't think that we could have made the transition without Belmont and their relationships."
Need Working or
Need Help with
a Great Idea?
Need a New Business Plan?
Home > Our Services > Business Valuation Services
Business Valuation Services
Our “Valuation and Advisory” department provides the following valuation services to domestic U.S. firms supporting their compliance with IRC (Internal Revenue Code) and accounting standards mentioned below.
• Involves estimating the Fair Value/Fair Market Value of common stock for the purpose of establishing the strike price for stock option grants.
• Required by private companies and start ups that rely on stock based compensation for employees.
• Under Section 409A of the IRC, a company must ensure that any stock option granted as compensation has an exercise price equal to (or greater than) the fair market value (the “FMV”) of the underlying stock as of the grant date; otherwise, the grant will be deemed deferred compensation, the recipient will face significant adverse tax consequences and the company will have tax-withholding responsibilities.
• At Belmont Acquisitions, 409A Valuations are provided by experienced professionals who can also provide audit support, which we believe is valuable for any company.
Purchase Price Allocation
• Involves allocating the purchase price paid in a transaction to tangible assets, intangible assets and goodwill acquired.
• Required by companies involved in acquisitions or business combinations.
• According to the FASB ASC 805 (previously SFAS No. 141) accounting rule, all business combinations are required to be accounted for by the purchase method.
Goodwill Impairment Testing
• Involves testing the goodwill and other long lived assets for impairment.
• Required by companies that have made acquisitions or have long lived assets.
• Accounting rule FASB ASC 350 (previously SFAS No. 142) requires companies to use a two-step process to measure the impairment of goodwill.
• Involves estimating the Fair Value of complex financial instruments with embedded derivative features such as convertible debt, warrants, put/call options.
• Required by companies that have exposure to complex financial instruments such as public companies with complex instruments on balance sheet or private companies looking to file S1 within an 18 month window.
• ASC 815 (formerly FAS 133), Accounting for Derivative Instruments and Hedging Activities, provides guidance on the specific accounting treatment of a multitude of derivative instruments.
• At Belmont Acquisitions, we use the advanced technique of Monte Carlo Simulation for the valuation of derivatives.
• Involves estimating the Fair Value and mark-to-market of holdings in a portfolio.
• Required by Venture Capital Funds and Private Equity Funds to report fair value of holdings at each reporting period.
• At Belmont Acquisitions, we help ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards (including ASC 820), and prepare and review a fund's valuation policies, procedures, and results.
Carry Forward of Net Operating Losses (NOLs)
• Involves estimating the Fair Market Value of all the classes of stock in a company pursuant to equity transactions, to establish limits on Net Operating Losses usability.
• Required by companies that have NOLs and have had multiple equity transactions (VC funding, private placement, shareholding pattern change, ownership changes).
• Section 382 of the IRC generally requires a corporation to limit the amount of its income in future years that can be offset by historic losses, i.e. net operating loss (NOL) carry forwards and certain built-in losses, after a corporation has undergone an ownership change.
C Corp to S Corp Conversion
• Involves estimating the Fair Market Value of the business and assets of a C Corp. before conversion to S Corp. to establish the Built-In Gains.
• Required by companies that plan or have elected to convert from C Corp. to S Corp.
©2007-2015 Belmont Acquisitions Corp - All Rights Reserved